Thursday, May 17, 2018

Road trip 2017!

Road Trip 2017

From California to Indiana

Our friend Bunny moved across the country-perfect excuse for a road trip!

Battle Mountain, Nevada:  Oh man, we drove as far as we could after packing everything in.  Sadly that meant Battle Mountain.  The Big Chief motel was trying harder than average-cleaner, more spruced up and multiple flower pots.  
Northern Nevada in a nutshell.


Rawlins, Wyoming:  No time to hike, but driving past the Great Salt Lake is always a bit surreal.  We ended the day in Wyoming where I walked past the local history museum (sadly closed).  

I need to know where they got the dino!  I assume it represents all the fossils?  Clearly I need to visit again when they are open.

Original schoolhouse-I like the informational plaque so the museum doesn't have to actually be open.  Also, I wonder exactly how many visitors it gets when it is open.

I think this is a good idea let's assume the tree is no longer living

ugg-sorry for the blurry picture, but you get the idea!

The wildlife coexist easily with the town.  A family group strolled down a couple streets stopping for snacks here and there.

York, Nebraska:  Nebraska is always better to drive through than I fear-more trees, more rolling hills, more sights.
Great historical stop on the Lincoln ( L I N C O L N) Highway

This is how you know you are on the Lincoln Highway :)

We managed to be there at the same time as a pack of camp teens so I only snuck in a few random photos.

This is my fave.

Then we got to the actual town for the night.
Look how fun they are!  

Go back in time a few decades at the Chances "R" Diner.  

Turns out they have a water tower art project.  Give artists mini water towers and place the results about town.





Peoria, Illinois:Hmm, I guess I didn't take any photos from this next part.  We stopped in Coralville, Iowa to see an old friend-lovely!  Throughout Iowa enormous trucks transport wind turbine blades which makes the drive more interesting.


Bloomington, Indiana:  Here are the things that haven't changed in the last 20 years.

The entrance to the main campus

and the people coming and going.

The chicken salad sandwich at Dagwoods-wow, so happy to eat this again.

My bike shop!!

And the game store where dh and I started our now massive collection.  Ah, good times, good times.



No comments:

Post a Comment