Friday, April 11, 2014

April garden-Disneyland rose

April 2014, all the garden, finished scarf, a book and a play

First, the latest cute cat photo.  They like to nap together sometimes, but they have to clean each other first which sometimes leads to play fighting, which means no nap.  Here they managed to both fall asleep at the same time-too cute!

First a time lapse of my favorite-the Disneyland rose.  It opens with an orangey-peach color that changes to pink.  And it smells fantastic!  I've been taking pictures every few days as I go out to smush aphids.






Oh the apple tree is blooming



And the snapdragons (which are on their 2nd or 3rd bloom)

the blueberry bush (doh-time to weed the clover)

And the cherry tree!  We don't often get enough cold to get the actual cherries, but the blossoms are always lovely.

And then a couple other fun things
Finished this very fun book that is on the Silicon Valley Reads list this year.  I can totally see why.  It is a fun bit of a mystery romp with plenty of geekiness.  

Finished a scarf (while watching the Met's production of La Boheme-poor Mimi, you can have my scarf!).  Still loving the seed stitch, maybe I will graduate to a small blanket soon.

E- and I saw Salvage, the third in the Tom Stoppard trilogy about the Russian revolution, though really about some of the people who went through it.  Not much of the bloody end, more of those who were exiled, some of the instigators.  I wouldn't think that the Russian revolution could hold my attention, but Stoppard is brilliant.  I think it will be a life goal to see as many (all?) of his plays.   The Shotgun Players up in Berkeley did such a good job.  We saw Shipwreck and Voyage over the past couple years, but they managed to stage them all at once so you could see them in a marathon session.  I have to imagine this is tough on the actors, most of whom are in all three plays!

And one last garden photo-my asparagus that has gone to seed :)
When I first got the garden I tried a bunch of stuff-including asparagus.  Turns out I don't have enough sun, but the asparagus is a weird root that you don't replant.  So I've been getting a very small amount of asparagus each year.  I almost never manage to eat it, but it is really pretty when it goes to seed, so I've somehow just left it there...

No comments:

Post a Comment