Thursday, January 17, 2019

Dali at Meadows Art Museum

Dali at Meadows Art Museum, Dallas November 2018
Kinetic/fountain sculpture.  The whole thing moves like a wave-pretty cool, relaxing to watch, impressive that it still works.

Better view of the fulcrum and the reflection of the wave.


Dali
So we are in Dallas for the Board Game Geek convention and I had run across an article about the Dali exhibit.  Had to check it out!  The collection was all small works-loved the idea of this, plus I haven't seen much Dali.


The detail work on this blows me away.  It was neat to be able to get up close and study these for as long as I wanted.


Nicely curated-a number of the works had similar references and I was able to go back and forth between pieces.





Love the title




A special section told of research on the paintings-you can look under the final work to see what happened in the process of creation.


Turns out Dali is not my favorite, but I certainly enjoyed this intense hour of getting to know him better.

Big debate-on the shiny doors into the exhibit, is this a bird (that is always there, so you don't run into the door) or is it Dali's mustache, special for the show?

There is the whole other part of the museum, filled with works from Spanish artists.  




Totally not my thing but these do seem like nice examples of the type.


I do like artistic functional pieces.  This room is a little odd-tables and chairs as if you can hold a function in here, but art on the walls?  Not a bad idea, just an unusual set-up.


Pretty carvings though!

No comments:

Post a Comment