Thursday, October 18, 2018

Magritte at the SFMOMA Sept 2018

Magritte at the SFMOMA Sept 2018


LOL!

Magritte was one of the first artists that I studied in college.  Such an eye opening experience about art being clever.  I even bought some coffee table books.  So when SFMOMA has an exhibit I had to go!

Asparagus fortress!


Saw a bunch of pictures that were new to me, love that.  The curation is great-grouped items not just chronologically but by type.  Like a whole room of frame in frame items.  The sunset is my fave.



Really liked getting to see them close-up.

Classic surrealism-I wouldn't want to live in this world all the time, but nice to visit.


Part of a large mural, again they were able to put a number of the parts into the same room to really get a feel for how it looked in situ.

He painted a number of wine bottles-so pretty.  Who knew?!

Different versions of the same scene all in the same space.



One of the best parts of this exhibit comes at the end.  It's an interactive area!  You get to put yourself into Magritte's paintings.


We are all bowler hat man.


I really love this one, not sure why!



Thanks to you all for going to the museum with me-big fun-and taking great photos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment