Thursday, April 23, 2020

Crafting catch-up, April 2020

Crafting catch-up, April 2020

What am I doing at home in addition to baking?  Crafting of course!  I found photos of many cross stitch projects from the past decade.  There were not enough for a post of their own but now that I've ramped up my crafting I hope to have a shorter time between craft posts.

One of my favorites, I did this as a wedding present.

From multiple decades ago for a special aunt.

Shaun the sheep!  

I bought Subversive Cross Stitching book and made a bunch of little pieces with a friend.  I've always used a pattern so going out on my own even a little was new to me.  Worked just fine!



No backstitching is super nice.  When you are done stitching you are done!

Loved making this!  Bought it during our 2013 (!!) Yellowstone trip and gifted it to Green-Eyed Girl who inspired and organized the trip.  I just looked back at all those photos.  Wow!  Seriously, Yellowstone is the most awesome national park.

From a couple years back.  The only reason I finished it so fast is that it was almost done when I got it ;)   Inherited a stash and this only needed a couple hours of work.  Super cute!

Other craft!  Recovering a bench.  Original fabric was ho-hum flowers so I replaced it with a bold jungle-green with chameleon print.  Super fun!  After 20 years in the sun it needed a redo.

Ordered this sugar skull print from Spoonflower.  Love it!!  I used the extra fabric to make face masks ;)

Shaun the sheep again!  They came in a two-pack and this was a ton of fun.  This is the final product.

But I enjoyed showing my progress to my craft group.  I left the french knot eyes until the last, made for some zombie sheep.

:)

Another recovery project, actual work done by E-

The original blue ripped, so we picked out fun fabric!

Finally current!  Got this kit from a white elephant 2019.  I plan to finish it and put it into next years white elephant!
Basic cross stitching.

Back stitching adds definition.

All the back stitching and french knots.

washed and pressed

I am proud of my backs, looks almost as neat as the front.

The final product, mounted on the tin the project came in.  Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment