Thursday, April 20, 2023

Books and Cozumel sunsets Feb - March 2023

 Books and Cozumel sunsets


-by Louise Penny
The Nature of the Beast:  Not going to stop now, I liked this one.
A Great Reckoning: Yup, still good.  More fallout from the long arc.


-by Hua Hsu
Stay True:  Auto biography of his time in college at UC Berkeley.  Centered around a tragedy, but such a detailed account of thoughts and happenings that I flew through it.

-by Steven Rowley
Lily and the Octopus:  Oh man, this is a tear jerker that I should not have finished on a flight.  When your dog dies from cancer.  It was worth it-not a straight forward story, but one where they play Monopoly and talk about movies.  


-by  Ying Chang Compestine
Morning Sun in Wuhan:  Middle grade level.  Story  of people being kind from the beginning of the pandemic.

-by David A. Adler
Cam Jansen #1: Modern version of Encyclopedia Brown


-by rojiman and umatan
Cat-Hair Hats for Cats: This is exactly what it sounds like.  A Japanese couple takes the hair from their cats and fashion it into hats.  Then they photograph the cats wearing the hats in cute poses.  The photos are fantastic.  I will never make any hat and our cats will never wear any hat.  Thankfully I have lived vicariously through this book.


-by Margarita Montimore
Oona Out of Order:  Fun beach read.  Starting on her 19th birthday, Oona time travels to a different year.  So as she mentally turns 19, she ends up in her 50s, not knowing anything about what has happened in the middle.  She makes mistakes and learns.  Great plane read.



DNF

-by Virginie Despentes
Vernon Subutex 1:  Read about a third and decided I didn't need to finish.  Well written.  Very similar to Jennifer Eagan-each chapter focuses on a new person in the network, music industry at the center, some of the people are jerks.  


-by Jennifer Eagan
A Visit From the Goon Squad:  Even though I really got into the sequel, this just didn't grab me.

-by Kerry Greenwood
Cocaine Blues:  First in the Phyrne Fischer books.  Watches all the shows, but started in on this and I felt like I read it before.  If I did and don't remember, huh.  If I didn't, yet feel like I did, huh.  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment