Thursday, May 18, 2023

Pineapple Week!

Pineapple week!

We bought a restaurant size can of pineapple at the restaurant supply store.  Total impulse buy.

What to do with all this?!?

Baking day 1
First up, Caribbean cornbread.  Add creamed corn and pineapple.  The recipe I found used a ton of butter and cheese and eggs and full fat milk.  I just couldn't do it, so I made a plain version, adding in creamed corn and pineapple.  

Very wet and heavy.  The plain recipe bakes for 15 minutes, the fancy one for 55 minutes. 

Had to dig into the center to convince myself it was done after 35 minutes.  I don't think I will ever make this again, but it is fine.

Pina Coladas!

Next up, pineapple walnut muffins.  This is to use up my sourdough discard and walnuts.

It is practically pineapple and walnuts barely held together with dough.

Tasty!  Into the freezer for my go to dessert for the near future.

After that we still have 8 cups of pineapple and a big thing of pineapple flavored syrup.

Did also manage to get in some nice sourdough.

Chicken al Pastor
Here are all the marinade ingredients-blend and you are good to go.  The key are the chiles packed in adobo sauce.

Cover the chicken, onions and pineapples in the marinade.

Onto a baking sheet for about a half hour.  It looks like the dogs dinner, lol.

After baking, just chop up and you are good to go.  Best recipe of the bunch!!

Love the pineapple coconut combo.

Pineapple fried rice

Quick saute

Final product.  Pretty good, but I should have used a less sticky rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment