Thursday, August 22, 2024

Dollywood, April 2024


The biggest attraction in Pigeon Forge is Dollywood!  It has been on my list for decades, so glad we finally visited!!

The steam train doesn't pass many interesting sites, so it is all Dad jokes all the time-I loved it!  We heard that the afternoon line is tremendously long, so we did it first thing.


Loved the unconventional horses on the carousel.

Dollywood has a couple of delightful craft areas.  They highlight the master crafters

and let you make your own.  The blacksmith was sold out in the first hour.

Eagle sanctuary, doesn't get more patriotic than that!



The landscaping was well cared for and we just caught the tulips.

Great coaster!  



One of the walkways passes the Lumberjack graveyard-I love these side entertainments!


Replica of Dolly's childhood home!  I can't think of another place that has all this pulled together so well.


We were there! And boy did we eat the festival food!  Next time we have to come in the summer and hit the water park too.

These are the bologna burnt ends.  I've never seen these before, glad I tried them.


Now that is food innovation!

No comments:

Post a Comment