Thursday, March 14, 2019

Triton art museum, March 2019

Triton art museum, March 2019


My favorite piece at the exhibit.

In Santa Clara, California, Triton Museum of Art.  The museum is small but free and has a couple exhibits happening at once.  Also a super cute gift shop.

Charcoal and eraser  drawings by Ric Ambrose

The level of detail is impressive.  Each piece is a couple feet long and seems to take ~9 months to complete.



I really get the textures in the fabric and facial expressions.

Contemporary Traces on Ancient Lands is an exhibit showing multiple artists of Native American descent.  The art ranges from photography to multi-media to instillation.  Not all of it was for me, but I did like seeing it all together.

I don't like all the elements in this piece, but like it as a whole somehow.

Multi-media presentation in the background looks at water/land rights and who is the authority on lands that have a complicated history.

Love this!





No comments:

Post a Comment